Home > News >
AXIS SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASES ITS ACTIVITY IN 2011.
In 2011, the VC/PE firm Axis Participaciones Empresariales has increased by 42% its investment activity, specifically in direct investment in capital expansion, with 15 investments of nearly €50 million and 3 divestments by €35 million. It has also continued investing in other VC/PE funds and their activities through its infrastructure fund.
Examples of these investments have been:
- Agraz (food Ingredients): Support to the continued international expansion of a company with 95% of its sales outside Spain.
- Profand (food provider): Support for the integration of two companies with combined sales exceeding €100 million.
- Ambuibérica (medical transport service): Helps to consolidate the leadership of the company through acquisitions.
- Russula (engineering solutions for the steel industry): Support for R&D of the company to expand its products and solutions, and consolidate its international position.
- Volotea (Air Transport Services): Support for the launch of an airline focused on medium-sized cities by highly experienced partners in the sector.
In infrastructure, the new fund, created in February 2011, goes to new investments in transport infrastructure, energy and social infrastructure. The fund has already approved 3 deals and has carried out its first investment in 2012. This is the first VC/PE fund, established under Spanish law, dedicated to large investments in infrastructure. The fund was created with an initial commitment of €500 million and is being placed among private investors with the aim of reaching a maximum of €1,000 million.